- Born May 7, 1948
- Married, wife Sylvia, four children, five grandchildren
- Senior Vice President, Wealth Management
- Lookout Valley Presbyterian Church
- B.S., Business Administration, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, 1972
- Board Member, 1994-Present, Awakening, Inc.
- National Rifle Association
- Hamilton County Pachyderm Club
- Bethel Bible Village – Former Board Member
- Cleveland/Bradley County Chamber of Commerce
- Tennessee Valley Safari Club
- Rita Redmond
Service in Public Office
- Senate member of the 108th General Assembly
- Member, Senate Education Committee
- Member, Senate Energy, Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee
- Member, Senate Judiciary Committee
Honors and Awards
- Former Presidential Appointee - Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. (PBGC) Advisory Committee 2006-2010
- Appointed Chair of PBGC by President George W. Bush by Executive Order 2007-2010.
- Named Chair of ERISA Advisory Council for 2005 Session by U. S. Secretary of Labor
- Named Vice Chair of ERISA Advisory Council for 2004 Session by U. S. Secretary of Labor.
- Nominated as Washington Impact Player of the Year by Institutional Investment News, 2004.
- U. S. Department of Labor, Investment Management Reprehensive, 2003-2005.
- U. S. Department of Labor, Investment Counseling Representative, 1985-1987.