- Commerce and Labor
- Responsible for legislation concerning commerce, insurance, and agriculture.
- Responsible for legislation concerning schools and secondary education.
- Energy, Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Responsible for legislation concerning energy; forestry; natural resources; conservation, game and fish, mines and minerals.
- Finance, Ways and Means
- Responsible for all measures relating to taxes and the raising of revenue.
- Government Operations
- Responsible for legislation concerning the creation of new departments, commissions, boards, agencies or councils of state government.
- Health and Welfare
- Responsible for public or private hospitals; health offices and their administration; institutions and services.
- Responsible for civil laws; criminal laws; judicial proceedings; apportionment of elected officials and governing bodies.
- State & Local Government
- Responsible for forms of local government; utility districts; assistance to local and municipal governments; matters dealing with revenue and taxation levied by local governments.
- Transportation and Safety
- Responsible for highways, roads and bridges; railroads; air, bus and vehicular transportation; rules and regulations for highway, railroad, and air use.
- Responsible for scheduling bills and resolutions for consideration by the Senate.
- Delayed Bills
- Responsible for initial consideration of resolutions calling for joint conventions and study committees and late filed bills and resolutions.
- Responsible for enforcement of the Senate Code of Ethics and recommends modification of the Code of Ethics to the Senate Rules Committee.
- Responsible for recommending modification of the Senate Rules to the Senate.